Modern Cardiology Center
Examination is advisable in the case of the following symptoms:
- chest pain,
- choking ,
- feelings of irregular heartbeat or fast heart rate,
- loss of consciousness due to unknown reasons,
It is worth doing the tests if in your family there has been sudden cardiac death, or if an ascendant relative has had an inheritable hearth disease.
For men over 40 and for women over 50 it is advisable to assess the risk of coronary artery disease with detailed examination, if necessary.
In the course of cardiac examination, following the evaluation of the medical history and existing examination results, the physical examination of the patient takes place.
An ECG at rest, the graphic representation of the electronic processes in the heart, is part of every cardiac examination. If necessary, with a portable device we create a 24 hour record, or record ECG under physical exertion on a device similar to a stationary exercise bike.
Echocardiography, the ultrasound scanning of the heart shows the shape, size and movements of the chambers, walls and valves of the heart. Combined with a Doppler test it also shows the characteristics of the blood flow in the heart.
In diagnosing high blood pressure, the 24 hour blood pressure measurement with a portable device (ABPM) helps optimal treatment.
With the help of pulse oximetry we can determine the oxygen content of the blood without taking blood samples.
If a disease of the coronary artery, which supplies the heart with blood, is suspected, the blood vessels can be illustrated through computed tomography.
We work with state-of-the-art surgical instruments, equipment with a reliable laboratory background.
Our patients are involved in the assessment of the test results as well as in making a treatment plan.
Cardiology concentrates not only on the congenital or acquired diseases of the heart, but also on blood circulation and on the blood vessels around the heart. The concept of the diseases of the heart and blood vessels, as well as of cardiovascular diseases also covers, among others, high blood pressure, stroke, and peripheral artery disease.
In the framework of private healthcare, you do not need a referral to initiate the payable Cardiac examination.
Cardiology deals with the following main disease groups:
The diseases of the endocardium
- The nonbacterial inflammation of the endocardium (Noninfective endocarditis)
- The bacterial infection of the endocardium (Infective endocarditis)
- Fibrosis of the endocardium (Endocardium fibrosis)
Acquired valve diseases
- The narrowing of the orifice of the mitral valve (Mitral stenosis)
- Mitral incompetence (Mitral insufficiency)
- The displacement of the mitral valve leaflet (Mitral valve prolapse)
- The narrowing of the exit of the left ventricle (Aortic stenosis)
- The leaking of the aortic valve (Aortic insufficiency)
- The narrowing of the pulmonic valve (Pulmonary valve stenosis)
- The narrowing of the left ventricle of the heart (Aortic stenosis)
- Congenital heart disease with left-right cardiac shunt
- Congenital heart disease with right-left cardiac shunt
The diseases of the heart muscle (Cardiomyopath)
- The diseases of the heart muscle with the enlargement of the heart (Dilated cardiomyopathy)
The inflammation of the heart muscle (Myocarditis)
The inflammation of the pericardium (Pericarditis)
Coronary artery disease
Myocardial infarction (Acute myocardial infarction; AMI)
Chest pain (Angina pectoris)
Low blood pressure (Hypotension)
Renal artery stenosis (Arteria renalis stenosis)
The neuroendocrine tumor of the medulla of the adrenal glands (Pheochromocytoma)