Endocrinology – Margit Medical Center
Endocrinology is the balance of hormones, which is essential for the healthy functioning of the human body. Hormones are produced by our endocrine glands (thyroid, adrenal glands, ovaries/testicles, pancreas, etc.) and if they do not work properly, they can develop hormonal problems that can not only significantly impair our well-being and quality of life, but can also cause many serious diseases.
Diabetes, menstrual disorders, menopause, insulin resistance, or hyperthyroidism, for example, are all hormonal diseases and affect a huge number of people.
There are often only small signs and slow changes, complaints (fatigue, weight gain / loss, skin problems, etc.), but it is definitely worthwhile to find out what is behind them.
The detection and treatment of hormonal disorders and diseases is an extremely complex internal medicine task performed by our endocrinologists. You may need multiple diagnostic tests ( ultrasound , CT , MRI , etc.), which can be performed locally with the help of our imaging instruments and laboratory.
What problems belong to an endocrinologist?
- Weight changes that seem unreasonable (weight gain, weight loss)
- Mood swings, malaise, fatigue, sleep disturbances
- Dizziness, memory problems
- Dry skin, intense sweating
- Acne, oily skin, acne, edema, stretch marks
- Abnormal hair growth, hair loss
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Menstrual disorders, infertility, miscarriage, menopausal complaints
- Potential disorders, decreased libido
- High blood pressure, strong heartbeat
- Diabetes, insulin resistance, carbohydrate metabolism disorder
- Dense kidney stones
- Thyroid problems
- Frequent fractures, osteoporosis
What happens during the consultation, examination?
What to bring?
- if any, the results of previous treatments, test results, final report
- if available, laboratory and imaging results (ultrasound, CT, etc.)
- the names of the medicines you have taken