Oncology – Margit Medical Center
Oncology deals with the diagnosis of cancer and the treatment of cancer patients. Early detection of cancer and early treatment is key, so regular screening and regular self-examination are essential. Especially if you have a family history of cancer.
These types of diseases can occur almost anywhere in the human body, and the design of treatment also depends on several factors. A thorough examination can include multiple imaging diagnostic tests , histological examinations, etc., and the course of treatment can range from drug therapy to surgery to radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Oncology treatment is preceded by very thorough, complex examinations.
You can also contact our oncologists if you have no complaints but have questions, want advice, or are interested in screening tests .
What problems belong to an oncologist?
- Self-examination or screening indicated a lump,
- to request a second opinion
- if you have a family history of cancer and are investigating
- You would come for advice, apply for screening
What happens during the consultation, investigation?
What to bring?
- if there are results, specialist opinions from previous oncology examinations, their documentation
- if available, CT, UH, MRI findings, cytological, examination results
- the names of the medicines you have taken